We’re pleased to announce CREDITS2CAREERS (C2C) — Virginia’s Community College System’s (VCCS) 学术 and Career Portal.
C2C is a personalized virtual counseling tool that will provide military-connected users to:
- Explore academic degree programs offered by all 23 community colleges.
- Instantly get an estimate of potential credits from their 军事 education, 经验, 和培训.
- Personalized exploration of civilian careers related to their military training and specialties; personal interests; or recommended by interest evaluations.
- Receive real time employment information to assist military and veteran students make informed post-secondary decisions.
At Wytheville Community College, the Certifying Official for 退伍军人 Affairs acts as a liaison with the Regional Processing Office in Buffalo, NY. Our goal is to assist veterans and/or the dependents of veterans with the application and certification process. Students who are eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill ® under chapter 30, 31, 33, 32, 35, 1606, or VEAP are able to apply for their respective educational benefits with assistance from this office. The VA requires all students to be enrolled in an official curriculum leading to a certificate or degree in order to receive benefits. You must contact your VA certifying official each semester to complete the necessary forms to establish and maintain your eligibility for benefits.
The Department of 退伍军人 服务 State Approving Agency approves programs of education offered at Wytheville Community College.
Any questions regarding the eligibility of a veteran or dependent can be answered by calling 1-888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) or visiting www.gibill.va.政府.
Initiating your MGIB benefits
If you have never used your GI Bill®:
- Complete the Application for 退伍军人教育福利 online at: Application for 退伍军人教育福利
If you have used your GI Bill® at another institution
- You will need to complete a copy of the form 22-1995 Request for Change of VA Education Program of Place of Training. You may also obtain the form from the VA Certifying Official located in 221 Bland Hall. Once you have completed this form please submit it to the VA Certifying Official.
After 应用ing of VA Benefits (or changing place of training)
- Once you have registered for your classes please complete the 退伍军人 Affairs 认证 Request Form. This form will need to be completed each term you register for classes.
- If you drop/add classes during the term you must complete the 退伍军人 Affairs Change of Election 认证 Request Form.
WCC's policy on tuition payment: 学费 and fees are to be paid by the student according to the dates set forth in the academic calendar. Students' classes will not be certified with the VA until payment for tuition has been made. VA benefits are reimbursements, not scholarships. The only exceptions are those students who have been approved for VMDSEP, CH 31 or CH 33 benefits. Students' are responsible for their books/supplies for their classes.
Student 退伍军人 of America
Student 退伍军人 of America at WCC is an officially recognized group by the college and is a nationally certified chapter of Student 退伍军人 of America. SVA's main mission is to provide veterans with resources, support and advocacy needed to succeed in a college setting.
- 学术, 金融, or Disability Counseling and other information about completing courses at WCC, 联系人: 蕾妮·托马斯, rthomas@wcc.个电流.edu, 276-223-4752
- VA Main Benefits Hotline 1-800-827-1000
- VA Education Hotline 1-888-442-4551
- Lisa Murrell, VA Certifying Official 276-223-4706, lmurrell@wcc.个电流.edu
General College Planning Assistance (Online)
For useful information about planning your college education, we recommend the Virginia Education Wizard.